The Networked Room Controller functions as an independent, browser-based controller for any display device. With a robust Ethernet interface, it makes configuring, controlling and monitoring equipment on your network easy-no expensive programming required. The Networked Room Controller’s versatile and expandable design seamlessly integrates with the SP-TP7 touch panel, PixiePro line of products, and Doceri software suite. This complete solution is flexible and expandable for virtually any room configuration and any budget; from the simple non-networked in-room control, to the complete multi-room networked facility, or anything in between.
The Networked Room Controller features:
- All you need for a simple room Includes one bi-directional RS-232 port, one IR control port, four low-voltage relays for screens or lifts, and two general purpose sense ports for security and theft detection.
- Low profile The Networked Room Controller’s low profile and attractive design easily attaches to virtually any display device and blends into the decor of any room.
- RoomTouch app Control your audio-visual system with your iPhone and iPad with this simple, intuitive control interface for the NRC. Your iPhone or iPad becomes a touchscreen interface for controlling your AV gear in the room. Any number of rooms can be easily added to RoomTouch allowing users to control presentation technology anywhere in your facility with single, simple interface. Compatible with all SP Controls’ Networked Room Controllers. Download free from the Apple store.
- Expandable Expand the Networked Room Controller’s already extensive capabilities with the Control Puck accessories. Simply daisy-chain up to 15 control pucks using CAT5e/6 cabling. Controlling more devices has never been easier!
- NRC Control Pucks Available in five versions—four IR out; one RS-232 and one IR port; four low-voltage relays; stereo motorized volume control for use with any amplifier that does not have IR or RS-232 control. Audio and linear versions available.
- Doceri Integration Use the NRC with an iPad, and it becomes the one remote you need for your Doceri Classroom. Control all the AV equipment in your classroom and turn your iPad into an interactive whiteboard!
SmartView Web is an enterprise-enabled management system accessed from any web browser on the local network. Rather than being tied to a help desk, IT and network management staff can now access, control, troubleshoot and manage AV equipment campus-wide. SmartView Web is based on HTML5 to provide immediate response from equipment such as projectors, DVD players, projection screens – any managed device – when used with the SP Controls Networked Room Controller.
Cost efficiencies:As a centralized, web-based network management system, SmartView Web provides both immediate and long-term cost benefits by consolidating the number of individual management control points and providing flexibility to manage systems from anywhere on campus. Using SmartView from any desktop or mobile browser, IT and network managers can:
- Set groups of rooms based on any set of parameters (by floor, building, use, etc.)
- Add new room information just by entering an IP address
- Efficiently monitor status of equipment, patterns of use and maintenance issues such as projector bulb life
- Schedule every AV device on the network individually or by group
- Globally set equipment in rooms to power up, shut down or change input in case of emergency
- Provide tech support and troubleshooting from anywhere throughout the campus
Safety and emergency alerts: When messaging is configured, individuals in any room throughout the campus can instantly alert the IT or network manager to any unusual activity or potentially volatile disturbance at their location. From the SmartView Web interface, the manager can then alert authorities and globally launch a warning message to be distributed via configured AV equipment throughout the campus.